02 November 2009

Two More weeks of Vilppu


Just to recap...

The top drawings are two minute poses completed on the first day of Vilppu's 2009 Life Drawing Class at The Animation Guild Office in Hollywood. People who have drawn with me know I like fast gestures (fifteen seconds and less). Sometimes I lack the patience to sit through the longer poses. The bottom drawings are the fourth class. The center drawing is a ten minute pose and the marker drawings are half hour. The ten minute pose and the two minute drawings aren't all that different- just a tad more built up. The goal is to have the initial gesture completed very loosely, very quickly- in about 10-15 seconds. Then you build using your shapes. You just keep building it like anything else. Then time runs out.

1 comment:

  1. well, damn. I'm having a hard time deciding which I like better, the tone is obviously really helpful in making the figure more solid and real. But the really loose, almost abstracted gestures have so much power.

    Either way, I am still pretty damn jealous that you are taking Vilppu's class!

    ReplyDelete